17: d8 Naythun Riders - Bearded Men riding Naked Men Twisted into Emu-Shape
3hp, Riding Crop (d6) OR Naythun Kick (d6)
- Offer you a chance to feed or pet their steed.- Muzzle their Naythun if it tries to scream out in repressed sapience.- Defend their steeds to the death and nuzzle it uncomfortably.
What Chris doesn't know is that the Naythun Riders have a strange and complicated society, and there are lots of subgroups and clans that one could meet on the road. In fact, researchers who have observed them - even lived with them for a time - have identified a score of situations in which they are met. When you meet Naythun Riders on the road they are...
- Arguing over who has the most magnificent beard.
- In the middle of racing their Naythuns.
- Mourning the death of a Naythun.
- Singing loudly and tunelessly.
- Debating the merits of various beard care regimens.
- Sitting drinking, halfway to a drunken stupor.
- Shaming one of their number by shaving his beard off.
- Planning a feast.
- Forming a raiding party.
- Looking for somewhere to camp for the night.
- Trying to find something to drink.
- Trying to find treasure that they hid when they were drunk.
- Celebrating a young rider's first facial hairs.
- Looking for new potential Naythuns to train.
- Writing bad haiku / That's exploring life and death / And, like, things. Yeah.
- Grooming their Naythuns.
- Playing a game of pretend and make believe.
- Washing their beards in blood and water.
- Plotting murder.
- Committing murder.