Thursday 20 June 2013

Writing Camp

I make notes of things all the time. Half-thoughts, stray notions and little "I wonder..." moments go in to journals, on to scraps of paper, and more often now get captured by Google Keep. I keep saying that I will make time to develop these further, but always find reasons/excuses not to.

So in July I am going to use the framework of Camp NaNoWriMo to make something of these ideas. I've set a goal of 31,000 words of material: 1,000 words per day. I'm not sure if I will be able to write that every day, but averaged across the month I hope to produce some (at least) half-polished pieces.

My aim at the moment is to create/polish:
  • A series of useful/interesting random tables, encounters, creatures and items for old school style games.
  • At least two nano-games that I have been sketching ideas for while I was on holiday recently; these have the working titles "Crash Land" and "Blood Bank Heist".
  • "Die Hard in a Wizard's Tower" - taking it from the notes that I have at the moment to a scenario.
I might also ask people on G+ for challenges! My goal with all of this is to try and develop a writing habit again. I have that more or less when it comes to the professional writing that I do, but want to do more in RPG writing. Maybe this will help.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment